Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's happening in 7th & 8th grade Literature

The upper grade students (7th & 8th grades) are currently reading the novel, The Diary of Anne Frank. They are also learning about the Holocaust & World War II in History. In addition, the students are responding to Anne's diary entries by writing in their Literature response journals. For example: students responded to: What do you consider to be your most vital belongings that you would bring with you if you were to go into hiding for an unknown length of time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great and probably accounts for the preliminary reading score of 80.3% at/above grade level for our eighth graders. Keep up the great work!

rudypovs said...

I would bring my dog and all the photos of my family and friends. My parents died a while ago and the photos I have of them are some of my most cherished items. I guess I would bring some books to read and a few sketch books.